Point-in-time recovery test
I am testing archive logging point-in-time recovery on Oracle 8.1.6. What I'd like to do is recover twice really. Recover to a point in time BEFORE the change and then recover to a point in time AFTER the change.
What I've tried is this:
1. Did a physical backup of files
2. Made a change to the database
3. Switched the log files.
4. Simulated a database crash.
5. Restored datafiles from physical backup (no logs or control files)
6. Recovered to a point BEFORE the change was made to show that the change is gone.
- recover database until time 'BEFORE CHANGE';
- alter database open noresetlogs;
7. Then recovered to a point AFTER the change to show that the change can come back from the archive log file.
- recover database until time 'AFTER CHANGE';
- alter database open resetlogs;
Is this possible? If so, what am I missing because this is not working.
Thank you in advance.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width