i try to create an oralce hot backup. The database runs in the archive mode.
So i created a script, which takes a backup of all tablespaces and archived log files
and Control files.
1. Question -> It is necessary to backup the online redo log files in the hot backup process? (REDO01.log, REDO02.log, REDO03.log)
2. Question -> After a tablespace backup (alter tablespace ts_name end backup) it is necessary to execute the "alter system checkpoint" Command?
3. Question ->it is enough to backup the archive log files and controlfiles after a full hot backup? (Example: I take every monday a full backup
and each day i would take a backup of the archive log files and control files only)
I hope someone can help me to find a solution of this questions.
today i try to recover the database. But it is not so easy :-((
I think the best way is that I describe you the steps what i done.
1. I change the backup script alter system checkpoint to alter system switch logfile;
2. created the current hot backup
3. run the db (create new users, tables..)
4. shutdown abort;
5. Deleted the db files, archive log files, online log files, control files
-- Recovery process
6. changed the entry of the Control files in the init.ora file ..\ctlxxx.ctl (this is the backuped controlfile)
7. start the db as the internal/or user startup restrict mount
8. execute the command: recover database;
9. execute the command: alter database recover automatic using backup controlfile until cancel;
I get the following message: description.doc -illustration 3
so I dont know what I do now. I get allways this message, but i dont't have this file on my pc. This is the next archive
log file that will be created.
Sorry I#m a beginner with the oracle software. Have you same helpfull descriptions how to done a recovery process after a full hot backup?
Last edited by toto27277; 12-02-2002 at 05:11 AM.
alter system switch logfile;
yes but if you have to recover it probably takes ages to apply the logs, controlfile needs to be backedup if the database structure changes
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width