DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance/Stability of 9ias

Performance/Stability of 9ias

I am new to this server, i would like to know how stable the 9ias compare with other web-server. we are planning to use for java application, Oracle Web-Reports on Solaris platform.

Thanks.
    Chan
    OCP7.3/8.0/8i/9i
    Sun Certified Sys. Admin

Hi Chandra,

I am using Oracle web forms(Part of Oracle 9iAS) in HP-Unix.

We also developing application in JSP environment.

With compare to JSP, Oracle web forms are slow, Because Oracle Web Forms load java applet in the client browser. The first time it's taking little time(5 seconds) but next time it's not taking that much time.

In Jsp you can use connection pooling but in Oracle web forms you can not use it. But you can use single-sign-on method and MTS.

The good news with Oracle web forms is, The development time and flexbility in coding. You can develop form on your PC and you can deploy on 9iAS web server and you start immediatly.

Developing screen Oracle forms is easy.

Oracle 9iAS web server is little-bit expencive but you can develop lot of different application by using that.

Another one good tool in Oracle 9iAS is Oracle Reports(6i or 9i).

If you comprimise little-bit with speed on Oracle web forms then
    Oracle 9iAS is good choice.

If you need any help on this let me know.

Good Luck.

Sree.
    sree

i am planning to use the 9ias two node cluster, because this web site is going to use our customer service ( 2500 ) + marketing (2000)+ VP's + Directors, so it should be availble for most of the time. we dont have any problem with Oracle price, we got the Corporate licence. We are planning to develop the reports with graphes/charts from a 140 million record table and 20 and 20 million records table. so i am worring little bit about the 9ias. i am planning to use the Sun fire 220R with 2x1.09 MHz CPU, 4 GB RAM.

1.If i want to develop a web site what are the web components shell i install(9ias).

Thanks
    Chan
    OCP7.3/8.0/8i/9i
    Sun Certified Sys. Admin

Depending on your license and experience, you might want to consider Oracle Portal as it comes with 9iAS.

It seems that development is fast and easy.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g