DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle_home for developer6i???

oracle_home for developer6i???

HI

I have installed oracle8i personal edition in my personal computer (WIN98), I installed it in the folder : oracle8i/ora81

now, I want to install developer6i, and I found this recommandation in the doc :

"Reports Developer 6i must reside in the default ORACLE_HOME.
    Reports Developer 6i and the Oracle8 or Oracle8i server must reside in separate ORACLE_HOMEs, although they can reside on the same physical machine"

my default home is : oracle8i/ora81 ans it's the only oracle_home I have.

how can I install developer in the default oracle_home and IN THE SAME TIME in separate home with Oracle8i ????

need help please!!!

thanks,

Delete Oracle from your computer. This includes deleting the registry key for Oracle under hkey_local_machine\software\oracle. When you de-install using Oracle's installer, it doesn't delete files, so you will have to do that yourself.

Install Developer first, and set the ORACLE_HOME name to DEFAULT_HOME. Developer usually defaults to c:\orant for the location of the home. Install 8i, naming its ORACLE_HOME as Ora8_Home (or whatever), and place it in c:\some_name_other_than_orant.

ok!!!then, I have first to install developer, I see!

but, modifying the registry is not recommanded, is there another method for deleting my installation ?

thanks!

Normally, usually, generally, modifying the registry is not recommended. However, this is the one situation Oracle specifically states that you should/must delete registry key for Oracle.