DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TO MODERATORS: To Have TOPIC CATEGORY in Posts

Threaded View

TO MODERATORS: To Have TOPIC CATEGORY in Posts

Dear Moderators and all members -

I have a request in the design of Composing Posts OR Replying to Posts. I think in the Compose Window, where we actually type the message, we must have a List (Static List) Box that has pre-loaded values such as "B&R", "Architecture", "RMAN", "Backround Processes", "General" etc. We must also make this field a mandatory column.

The Advantage - by this, whenever topics are posted / replied, the SUBJECT will be Pre-Fixed with the category. So when a user wants to search topics which are pertaining to Backup & Recovery, he will search on the topic category "B&R" - which pulls out all posts that have subjects pre-fixed with "B&R". I mean the user need not think of constructive key words to search on topics this way; besides no one can miss the topics.

Also the Seach Options - we can have another column called "SEACH CATEGORY" which will list the same set of Static Values as the List described above. This facilitates for a smooth constructive control of the various topics that are posted.

Some of the Static Values (we can always add more as we encounter) could be -

RMAN,
    B&R (Backup & Recovery),
    ARCH (Architecture),
    SGA,
    DF (Datafiles),
    TS (TableSpaces),
    RA (Redo & Archive Logs),
    NAC (Network Admin & Config),
    BP (Background Processes),
    SP (SQL & PL/SQL),
    PT (Performance Tuning)

etc etc.

Please cooperate in sharing your thoughts on this. I felt this would be a great improvement on the architecture of the board

P.S: Please don't move this topic to general section, as this concerns everyone specially this DBA forum to take a look and give their feedback. I kindly request atleast for a day or two that this topic remains in this forum. Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by quester; 11-26-2002 at 06:00 AM.