DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OSDBA privilege

Hybrid View

OSDBA privilege

I have a problem at my current employer. I am used to have oracle account for doing all dba works. At the current employer the old dba doesn't allow me much to have the oracle account for the box in which he has several databases and I just have one test db. He keeps setting the passwd after I'm done with a task. I need to setup new db and do some RMAN related setups. I believe if my AIX-id is in the osdba/osper group at the OS level then I should be able to do what I can with the oracle user. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

if you are in dba group you can still do connect internal (if that was the case it shows how dumb is the dba onsite)

Re: OSDBA privilege

Originally posted by dbasupuser
    I have a problem at my current employer. I am used to have oracle account for doing all dba works. At the current employer the old dba doesn't allow me much to have the oracle account for the box in which he has several databases and I just have one test db. He keeps setting the passwd after I'm done with a task. I need to setup new db and do some RMAN related setups. I believe if my AIX-id is in the osdba/osper group at the OS level then I should be able to do what I can with the oracle user. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
    Sounds to me like an unhealthy working environment. Did you ask the other DBA why he is doing all that?
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com