DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: San Diego - Sr. Oracle DBA

San Diego - Sr. Oracle DBA

Only local San Diego candidates can be accepted at this time...

SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

MUSICMATCH is the recognized global leader in personalized music software and services. Founded in 1997, MUSICMATCH is focused on its vision of enriching people's lives through music, and is doing so worldwide with its #1-selling Radio MX personalized music service and award-winning MUSICMATCH Jukebox for Windows and Macintosh. Today, over 24 million people worldwide enjoy MUSICMATCH products and services.

The Senior Oracle DBA manages key database operations for MUSICMATCH. In addition to existing staff members, this position will be responsible for day-to-day database operation, system architecture and design, as well as backup and disaster recovery.

Responsibilities
    · Management of Oracle 8i and 9i databases on HP/UX and Solaris (Intel and Sparc) UNIX platforms. System uptime monitoring and response in case of system failure or downtime.
    · Database and system performance tuning on UNIX platforms, especially with respect to very large databases/data warehouse.
    · Assistance to development-team members for query optimization in the existing database architecture.
    · Backup and restore operations on databases, including online transaction databases with high availability requirements.
    · Assist in development of QA/Testing environments for existing production databases.
    · Documentation of system functions and procedures to assist with team cross-training and personnel backup.
    · Automation of database administration and monitoring tasks.

Position Requirements
    · Bachelor’s Degree or greater with previous experience in operating a team environment as a “lead” is required.
    · 5-7 years experience administering Oracle databases in a UNIX environment. Oracle 8i and 9i experience essential. Experience with Oracle on HP/UX 11 and Solaris 8 platforms is essential. Familiarity with other database platforms (MS-SQL, Postgress, mySQL) a plus.
    · Experience with management of large databases containing partitioned tables, Oracle databases in Hot-Standby database scenario, and developing, tuning and debugging PL/SQL, stored procedures, and triggers is essential.
    · Excellent UNIX system administration skills including shell scripting and similar system programming.
    · Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (Database Edition) and Net Backup utilities.
    · Familiarity with EMC Clariion and Network Appliance disk arrays.
    · Proven ability to troubleshoot complex system problems and performance issues.
    · Experience with database use, interaction and tuning in an online/Internet environment.
    · Must be detail-oriented, process-oriented, and have a problem-solving attitude.
    Located in the beautiful Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego, MUSICMATCH offers competitive compensation and benefits programs in a casual work atmosphere with an exciting environment. We only hire the best, so if you think you have what it takes to be part of the team that will change the way people listen to music; we want to hear from you.
    Local candidates only. Submit your resume to Human Resources: jobs@musicmatch.com

Your HR responded really "quickly" with short message that my skills don't match the job description. That could be.... or may be it has not even been read?

Eugene Roytman
    OCP DBA 8i
    San Diego

None to blame

Actually There may be no such job arised in reality and there could be no funds for that job,

For the HR or recruiters to keep them going(to save their job) they put such Advt and disappoint the forum !

Could be that, Am I wrong by guess !