DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: export full except 1 or 2 tables

export full except 1 or 2 tables

Hi

I would like to know if we could make an export full
    except 1 or 2 tables.

thx

Well initially I thought you could use the "query" parameter for this but you can not. I do not know of a way to do this. Anyone?

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

I tried doing table NOT IN ('T1') and table not like 'T1%' and neither worked. You probably need to speicy the tables you want and export as the schema owner. you can use dynamic sql for this. However, it might be easier to just get a full export.

Export

A full export will do all objects. If you want to export only certain tables use full=N and create a parameter file (parfile) that contains a list of the table names you wish to export. this can be tedious to set up the first time but worth it if you do this regularly, future runs are quick. Or you could do a full export and specify for import only the tables you want to import.

An example of a parfile (jimexport.txt below)used to create an export file named mcdss_export.dmp with a exportlogfile named mcdss_export_log.txt is:

USERID=username/password
    FILE=mcdss_export.dmp
    DIRECT=Y
    ROWS=Y
    FULL=N
    INDEXES=Y
    LOG=mcdss_export_log.txt
    BUFFER=1250000
    COMPRESS=Y
    CONSISTENT=N
    TABLES=(AAC_CD,
    ACTION_BY,
    ACTIVE_DMFA_WRMR)

Save this above as a txt file (I saved it as jimexport.txt
    Your export command would look like (for UNIX):
    $ exp parfile=jimexport.txt

You can practice doing two or three small tables which will be quick. And check documentation for more info. If you have Oracle installed on your PC you can go to start/programs/Oracle for NT/Oracle8 documentation to access online help for export/import.