DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: standby database, ora-01152 error

Question standby database, ora-01152 error

Hello,

I am encountering errors when trying to recover a standby database (Oracle 8.1.7, Standard Edition). Below are the details.

1. On the first computer (what will become our production database), we recovered from a backup tape and opened the database with the RESETLOGS option.

2. We shut down production and then copied over the datafiles to the second computer (what will be our standby database).

3. We then created the standby controlfile, did an "alter system archive log current" and copied over the standby controlfile and the archive logs over to the standby database.

4. We did a "recover automatic standby database" at the standby then we get the following errors:

ora-01152: file 1 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
    ora-01110: data file 1: 'c:\......\SYSTEM01.DBF"

If there is a problem with the SYSTEM01.dbf file on the standby database, why were we able to bring up the production database with no problems?? What are we doing wrong here??

Thanks for the help,
    Reina

are you sure all archive log files required exist in archive_log_dest?
    Once you have eliminated all of the impossible,
    whatever remains however improbable,
    must be true.

Bounce the standby database and try. Never investigated why it is like that... whenever I get that I simply bounce standby and works for me.
    Reddy,Sam

Sureshy, you are correct! After checking, not all the archive logs were being transferred over to the standby. We are able to recover now. Thanks for your help.

sreddy, thanks for your input.

Reina