Does any body experience with Crystall Reports connect to the database using ODBC. Basically, I have Oracle client 8.1.7 connect to the database using ODBC, everything time when we close Crystal Report the application crashed.
I have 8.1.6 Oracle Client and it's working fine so I thought 18.104.22.168 has bug and I upgrade Oracle Client to 22.214.171.124.0 and problem still existed
any one has any advises???
are you using the oracle supplied ODBC? or the Intersolv?
Use the Oracle 126.96.36.199 (http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/.../utilsoft.html).
Also, double check (by recreating your ODBC DSN entry) the ODBC admin to make sure that it's not corrupted. When installing Crystal has a habit of corrupting some of the drivers (but not all!). If a corruption has occurred then reinstall ODBC administrator
I have upgraded the ODBC driver to 188.8.131.52 and I still have the same problem. Does any body know what the fix or trick for this problems???
What is the report doing? ie,
1) sub reports in this?
2) any blobs being brought into the report?
3) connecting to what version of the database?
4) is the report forcing the grouping being done on the server rather than the client?
5) have you tried using the Crystal supplied ODBC driver for 8i instead? (I have found that it's more stable than the Oracle supplied one for ANY version)
3. 184.108.40.206 with no error on the alert log file
4. not sure b/c I am not the one who built this report
5. I will give it a shoot
any other adives???
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width