DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: forms6i - error on connection to database

forms6i - error on connection to database

I am just starting to learn Forms6i. I have started the forms builder for the first time, and tried to connect to my database called "TEST". I am getting the ORA-12154 TNS: Could not resolve service name. I am using the same username, password and database name that I use successfully when logging into SQL*Plus.
    Can someone help?
    Thank you.

Never mind...I have figured it out. I just had to copy my tnsnames.ora file from my oracle home network directory into the directory forms6i was using....it seems to be fine now. Thanks anyway.

You can also set an environment variable called TNS_ADMIN. This is a directory location where you can place your Net8 configuration files. This allows you to manage one set of files, and both Oracle products (the database and the forms components) can refer to it. You could leave the set of files you have for the database and "point" Developer to it.

On Solaris UNIX in a c-shell, for example, use setenv TNS_ADMIN , and on Windows NT, right-click My Computer > Properties > Environment.