DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Urgent - Replication Manager

Urgent - Replication Manager

Hi all,
    kindly assist me... See, in my company I've asked to do the Multi Master Replication but, I never done it .. So, plz can anyone assist me out by giving steps what u had done it.. or any useful URL's which I can take.. plz I'm in very crisis position, assist me.. kindly with ur email id.. this is get back if there is any doubt..
    plz yaar.. plz
    thanx in advance.
    Pratheesh..

some help probably

hi,
    I have never tried out multimaster replication but since you are so desperate, I thought that I must help you. If you are using 9i then the online documentation may be of some help. Probably you can get started there. But you have a long way to go. You have to set up the multimaster sites, test them throughly and then implement it. Not childs play certainly.

Burzin

Re: some help probably

Originally posted by burzinmk
    hi,
    I have never tried out multimaster replication but since you are so desperate, I thought that I must help you. If you are using 9i then the online documentation may be of some help. Probably you can get started there. But you have a long way to go. You have to set up the multimaster sites, test them throughly and then implement it. Not childs play certainly.

Burzin
    Ofcourse I agree that.. I'm using 8.1.7

please rtfm and then post questions, alternatively you can pay me to do it for you
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

I rememeber when I was told I had to implement Advanced Mulit-master Replication. I'd never used it and I'm was only DBA on site. I researched, tested, read more manuals and searched forums for answers to wuestions I had... I'm glad I did, cause I learn alot from it.

So, instead of getting somebody else to do your work, work on this challange, you'll achive more than you think.

Good luck...
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia