DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-00902: invalid datatype

ORA-00902: invalid datatype

We see the error "ORA-00902: invalid datatype" in our Java applications calling a stored procedure with a user defined datatype. The Oracle version is 9.2 This error is very hard to reproduce, during this time, the stored procedure is still valid on the db, reloading it doesnt help. Restarting the application (recreating connections to the database fixes the problem) Also, the stored procedure only does DMLs (and one truncate table operation), other than that, there are no create tables etc in the stored procedure.

Have any of you experienced this before? Any suggesstion for a possible cause is great.

Thanks a bunch in advance

Any ideas??

Got the same

Hi,
    We have been experiencing the very same problem.
    Our java app runs with jdk 1.3.1, the oracle db is a 8i.

We have been trying to catch this kind of error to force a retry, but doesn't help.
    We have been thinking about forcing recompiling all the types, and stored procedure when this happens...

Possible solution to ORA-00902 Invalid Datatype

We have had the same problem with object types.

Our solution:

Make sure that the data types match the table you are using, especially if your data type is referencing other data types.

Make sure that the declaration of the data types are the same across the board i.e. Java as well as the Oracle datatypes, procedures and tables.

This solved our problem.

Hope this helps.

7 years old this thread, i would imagine they found their answer

2002, 2005, 2009... expect next post around 2014
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.