DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OCP Certificate

OCP Certificate

Hi all:

I am trying to find out if anyone of you are experiencing the same problem. I passed my Oracle9i upgrade exam over two months ago and yet as of now I have not received the OCP Certification Kit. I've contacted Prometric on several occasions, and each time was given different answer/excuse. One time, I was told that supposedly there was an internal program change, resulting in reporting delay, and so and so. About a month ago, I followed up on this and was told that my OCP Kit was already "sent" out and that I should be receiving it with couple days. Well, it's been 6 wks and I haven't received anything yet. This is odd because I remember when I passed my 8 and 8i exams, I'd received the OCP Kit w/in 2 wks.

Anyway, any of you are experiencing the same problem? Also, do you know who I should contact about this problem? (I've already sent several emails to Prometric and don't to be given a run around).

As always, thanks in advance for all the helps/suggestions.

John

Sorry to hear about it, but how is this related to database administration?

Ditto

I called Prometric about my 9i upgrade certificate yesterday. I took my test over seven weeks ago. They said it is Oracle's problem and they had been contacted by other people. Prometric called Oracle and they said some certificates were shipped out September 28 and more will be sent on October 30 - then we should allow 7 - 14 days for delivery before contacting Prometric again. My 8i upgrade certificate came in about a month so I don't know what their problem is.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.
    BTW: Sorry Steven, didn't mean to bother you.

John

No bother at all. Just wondering why you didn't post this in the certification forum. No big deal.

I'm sure one of the moderators will move it.

I think you'll have to continue chasing your certificat through Prometric.
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

Angry

vndba,

I've faced exactly the same problem. I passed the 9i upgrade exam. 9 weeks ago and receive nothing now. For my 8i exam., I could receive the kit within one week. What's the problem?

caypang

vbdba and caypang,

I also have the same problem. Passed the exam and still no certificate. I was told that oct 30 the certicates will be printed and it will take around 14 days to put it in my snail mail box.

I am curious to here from you guys if you already recieced it.

Tycho

Angry

Prometric is too bad!!! I've sent them an enquiry about my certificate again a week ago. But I've got no reply except the automatic acknowledge one. It seems that they've received so many complaints about this issue so they've decided to ignore all of them.

caypang

Keep calling prometric gentleman... and soimetimes you have to fight with them rather than talk.... I too receive mine after 3 months after lots of hot talking. I too was getting the same kind of reply and no response of the mail. All the best.