DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Passed 1Z0-025

Talking

Just got back from the B&R exam. Passed 50/60. Next on to P&T, which is my last exam in the 8i DBA track. How difficult is this exam? I've dreaded this one from the start. Guess that's why I saved it for last!

Randy

piece of cake

Congrats!
    Jeff Hunter

cheers

Congrats!

You out did me by one I had 49/60. Must have been the question about RMAN in NOARCHIVELOG mode.

Originally posted by mcorbin
    Congrats!

You out did me by one I had 49/60. Must have been the question about RMAN in NOARCHIVELOG mode.
    Congrats to you as well! I did get almost that exact question on my exam. After some clarification and review of the ILT manual I was certain I wouldn't get that one wrong. :-) I did fairly well on all the RMAN sections. Naturally I concentrated more on RMAN topics than other areas.

Have you taken 1Z0-024 yet?

cheers

[Edited by Randys100 on 10-18-2002 at 04:17 PM]

Originally posted by Randys100
    Originally posted by mcorbin
    Congrats!

Congrats to you as well! I did get almost that exact question on my exam. After some clarification and review of the ILT manual I was certain I wouldn't get that one wrong. :-) I did fairly well on all the RMAN sections. Naturally I concentrated more on RMAN topics than other areas.

Have you taken 1Z0-024 yet?

cheers

[Edited by Randys100 on 10-18-2002 at 04:17 PM]
    No, I just had the B&R exam on 10/14 and I opened the PT book for the first time last night. I'm going start hitting hard this weekend.

Marc

Thumbs up

Marc,
    How long do you normally spend studying for each exam? It usually takes me about a month to prepare. I'm going to try to complete the PT exam within the next 3 weeks. I just hope that's not pushing it! I've been working on these exams (8i track) since February and want to get this over with so I can move on to 9i.

Cheers!

Randy

I'm not able to study every day and tend to go many days without studying so it takes me a little longer than most. I'm not in a hurry but also want to get this finished. I'm targeting around Dec 1. for the PT exam. I would think that three weeks is possible if you can hit it pretty hard everyday.

Good luck,

Marc