DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oracle Masters Certification

Hi there,
    Just wondering how much it would cost to get to OCM?

I know that one with OCP9i would have to take 2 advance courses from Oracle and do a 2 day OCM Practical exam.

For those who are already OCM, how much does the practical exam and the 2 advance courses cost.

Is the practical exam really difficult for someone who has experience installing and configuring Oracle & OEM on Linux?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Jim
    What's next after 10g?

I'm not sure you'll find anyone in the world that could give you a hands-on experiences of the practicum exam for Oracle Master, because AFAIK that exam is not available yet.

If I'm not mistaken all current OCMs has been given this title as an "honorary" Oracle Certified Masters.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

I notice Julian has Oracle Masters as part of his signature - perhaps you can throw some light on this questio Julian?

Hi,
    I just discovered that Oracle University is conducting the Oracle Certified Masters practicum which cost $2000 in the States!... and on top of that we have to be OCP 9i certified 1st, then pay for 2 advance courses conducted by Oracle University.

Perphaps this is how Oracle plan to bring up their share price in the market!!

Its simply ridiculous to pay US$2000 for the 2 day practical exam.

I think now...I shall give OCM a miss!

Anyway, hope Julian or Tim can comment on this OCM.

Cheers
    Jim
    What's next after 10g?

I was really into the idea of doing the OCM but I can't justify the cost. If I worked for a company that would pay for it I'd think about it again.

The cost of the practical doesn't surprise me that much since it sounds like it's gonna be quite intensive. What really offends me is the mandatory courses. I'm sure there are lots of people who would learn nothing, or little, from these courses.

At least there aren't going to be loads of paper OCMS.

I think Julian's former company funded the whole OCM program by sending him on 1 million training courses. I'd be surprised if anyone at Oracle has been on more courses than him

Cheers
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

Originally posted by TimHall
    I think Julian's former company funded the whole OCM program by sending him on 1 million training courses. I'd be surprised if anyone at Oracle has been on more courses than him

Cheers
    :-) In fact, I think I have been to probably all Oracle ILT courses. There are some related to UML I have not visited but after attendng the 5 day Java course at Oracle I decided not to continue with Java related courses. I have not been to the RMAN course, advanced replication and partitioning but they are organized like once a year in Europe.

Last week's info: OCM exam in Scandinavia costs 3200 euro!
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

does it really test your knowledge? Or can it be passed without being a guru?

Originally posted by davey23uk
    So what's an Oracle guru? Someone who knows everything about Oracle? There is no such person. One who knows 50% about Oracle? That's an old-fashioned word: guru. Word from the 90s. Then software was simple and people could sort of learn all about a product. Not any more. Not with Oracle.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

I passed the OCP exams and I can't even spell Orakle
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

Originally posted by davey23uk
    Haven't you read this thread? There is noone on this board that has tried the OCM practicum exam, so how can anybody give you opinion on it?
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?