dcsimg
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OPS

Question

Hello everyone,
    We are installing OPS on sun solaris 8 using sun cluster 2.we are facing lots of problems.first,i want to know what changes we have to make on listener.ora and tnsnames.ora on server and tnsnames.ora on Client.how i can verify that my OPS installation is working(through some example) i.e if my one instance is down then also my client is connect and working fine.
    Waitinf for a response.thanks

go to tahiti.oracle.com

look for net8 guide and read chapter 2 about instance_name and service_name in tnsnames.ora

look for OPS config guide and read chapter 3

Originally posted by sethi_kapi
    Hello everyone,
    We are installing OPS on sun solaris 8 using sun cluster 2.we are facing lots of problems.first,i want to know what changes we have to make on listener.ora and tnsnames.ora on server and tnsnames.ora on Client.how i can verify that my OPS installation is working(through some example) i.e if my one instance is down then also my client is connect and working fine.
    Waitinf for a response.thanks
    Good luck with the OPS :-)

Send me an email, I will send you the tnsnames.ora nad listener.ora files with the reply.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

OPS

Julian,I do not know ur mail id.u give me ur mail id.I also want to know how i can check the OPS's availability feature(i.e if one instance is down,the other instance is supporting the current login session and client is not aware of this).

check his signature, might find something useful there