DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8i first or 9i

I'm new to this sordid and endless DBA certification game and would be more than delighted to get answers to the following:

1.Should i go ahead and take the 8i exam and then upgrade to 9i------is that easier?if that requires fewer weeks of reading certification manuals i'll take that.Are the 8i exams easier than the 9i ones?Do i need to study MORE for the 9i exam(s)?

2.Has the 8i DBA certification expired? Does that mean there's no point in getting 81 certified at all??

Thanks.

Let me introduce you to the most useful under appreciated link on this whole site ... http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/search.php

This topic has been discussed several hundred thousand times (or so) on this forum.
    Jeff Hunter

If you go for 9i exams, you would have to take one course from Oracle, which is expensive. If you write 8i exams (5 exams) than you can write 9i upgrade without taking any classes. If you take classes and go for 9i there are only 4 exams. Search the old threads for more info.
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

Originally posted by marist89
    Let me introduce you to the most useful under appreciated link on this whole site ... http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/search.php

This topic has been discussed several hundred thousand times (or so) on this forum.
    I think they should try to work on the registration encouraging people to search the forum for basic questions falling into categories such as:
    Certification,basic db issues, start stop install software etc.....Or/And maybe in the new post a pop up window asking them to first search it....This way the forum will get more newer Q's and thus encouraging existing members to participate in it more actively.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Totally agree with Tarry. The repeating questions are discouraging me from going to the forums as often as I used to. The repeating questions and yoda's posts...
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle
    yodaDBA@hotmail.com