DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help on Oracle Apps 1157 Install on Solaris

Exclamation

Originally the installation process only takes 3-4 hours on a Solaris server, now, with a completely new machine, with 2 CPU and 4G ram, it takes more than 10 hours to completed. It is totally unacceptable.

I am wondering there must be something I can tune to increase the performance, probably some I/O tuning. Can anyone point me to some Solaris tuning resources?

I need to install 4 instance on the new machines, originally plan to be completed in 3 days, but now it may take me more than a week... poor... : (

i'm not sure if you need any tuning on oracle side... you may have problems with the solaris box...i don't think the install should take so long...
    anyway, make sure that you make the o/s kernel changes as per 8.1.7 install manual...
    Catalin CIONTU
    Oracle DBA
    Oracle Applications DBA

i'm not sure if you need any tuning on oracle side... you may have problems with the solaris box...i don't think the install should take so long...
    anyway, make sure that you make the o/s kernel changes as per 8.1.7 install manual...
    Catalin CIONTU
    Oracle DBA
    Oracle Applications DBA

thanks for your reply

and i do think it is the problem of the solaris, i have to ask the vendor to tune it. probably the problem comes from "file descriptor" parameter.