DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 8i on Windows XP

Hi,

Has anybody successfully installed Oracle 8i on Windows XP?

Thanks & Kindest Regards,

Oracle 8i on Windows XP professional => Yes
    Windows XP Home => No.

Does anyone know when Oracle plans to release(if at all) the XP Home compliant version.
    -- Dilip

I was able to install on XP Prof as well - the work around worked for me (renaming all copies symcjit.dll and then try running the install program from the install/win32/ directory) If you have access to a 9i install program, I've heard that using that to instal 8i works as well.

symcjit.dll problem is only with Pentium4, if you have XP on aother processor, you should be fine.

Question installation problems

i have similar installation problems. If i click the oracle8i setupfile on the cd, it shows me one window. if i click in that window on "install products" then the application just stopppes.
    Is there any solution for this problem?
    I tried to run it in the windows 2000 compatibility mode but that doesnt work either.
    Can anybody help me??
    with kind regards,

Ilja

hi,

What i did was run the 9i installer then install the 8i DB which
    i copied on disk.

quote:
    Yvonne: I was able to install on XP Prof as well - the work around worked for me (renaming all copies symcjit.dll and then try running the install program from the install/win32/ directory) If you have access to a 9i install program, I've heard that using that to instal 8i works as well.
    quote:
    irehman: symcjit.dll problem is only with Pentium4, if you have XP on aother processor, you should be fine.

hi i got xp on a pentium 4. i dont have 9i so can some one tell me how it works with that .dll file u gotta change or something? please keep the explanation simple cuz i dont really understand the above (renaming all copies n stuff - what copies? )

[Edited by wouz on 09-19-2002 at 03:38 PM]

anyone..........?