DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 9i Enterprise Manager Console

I don't know exactly if my question is to be posted to the DBA forum, or hre, so I'll just guess that it's a development related one.
    So : we have some packages written with Oracle's utilities from the 8.x version (namely, "Procedure Builder" from Developer 2000). When I try to manage those packages (especially the package bodies) with the new interface from 9i, I'm having problems. When I make an update to the code in the package body (even the smallest one, like inserting a new empty line), when I try to compile it, it stupidly crashes ! As far as I could trap it, it's because it inserts an empty line at the end of the package with a ";" character; after that it stops the compilation, saying that that line with ";" on it is an invalid one !!!
    The code that I see when I click on "Show SQL" button, looks like this :
    =====>
    CREATE O REPLACE PACKAGE BODY XXXXX AS [.....]
    END xxxxx;

;

=====<
    I really don't understand why does it puts there the last ";" character, and more, why does it stops compiling.
    If I delete it, it gets back on there, and it start all over again...
    The only solve to this is to delete that last line with the ";" and compile the package with Procedure Builder from a Developer 2000 installed at some client.

Does any one else had the same problem ?
    And cand anyone give me a hint about how to solve this nasty behaviour ?

Thx.
    Cornel.

Cornel,

I've had exactly the same problem, I've also had problems with it changing characters on the compile. I had no luck getting an answer from Oracle so I started using TOAD instead.

Hope you have more luck.

Regards
    Jim
    Oracle Certified Professional
    "Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."

"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"

Click HERE to vist my website!