DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: STS??

Hi all,

what is STS??
    before the test i bye always the simulation test from selftestsoftware. What do u thing about selftestsoftware??

Bensmail

Thumbs up

I've always found the selftest stuff very useful, providing you don't just try to learn the questions verbatim. If you take the time to review your mistakes and learn they are a good way of preparing for the real exams

Regards
    Jim
    Oracle Certified Professional
    "Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."

"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"

Click HERE to vist my website!

I agree. STS is probably the best way to "determine" if you are ready for the real exam. I'm not saying that it is the best way to "prepare" for the exam...you'll need formal training or self-study for that...but if you can score above a 90% on the particular STS test on a consistent basis...your chances of passing the real exam are very good!
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

if u are lazy to read the whole student guide/every sentence in it, u can study what STS recovers only..... : ) <---I am the one who does it.

thx

KOBE

Don't be lazy...use the OCP as a method to truly learn something. Passing an exam alone doesn't prove anything!
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

Originally posted by ehaskins
    Don't be lazy...use the OCP as a method to truly learn something. Passing an exam alone doesn't prove anything!

.....u can study what STS recovers only..... <----Actually, I found that STS almost covers everything...so u still have to read the whole book (at least 80%).

sorry for the tying mistake, not recovers (this word often appears in 1z0-032), but COVERs.

thx

KOBE

STS is copyright material. FBI will close down this website if people try to exchange copyright material in this forum. So wise up!! There are some free study guides in the web for OCP if you don't want to pay.
    Saturn
    OCP DBA 8i,9i

I think the STS questions are a wise investment even for a seasoned DBA. It will prepare you for the exam questions format which, let's face it, is intentionally tricky. I think for that alone it is worth it, especially with the discounts that have been offered recently. I have been duped many a time with the STS by going for the first answer that looks correct, or rushing, or both. I think it is also a good idea to get in the test “groove” so to speak, just getting used to sitting down and banging out 60 questions on a regular basis is good practice.

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by bensmail
    Hi all,

what is STS??
    Bensmail
    YEAH bensmail!
    THAT IS STS WHICH U PURCHASED! "S" FOR SELF, "T" FOR TEST, "S" FOR SOFTWARE! STS STAND FOR SELFTESTSOFTWARE!