DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: explain plan question

Hi,

I have a question. I want to create an user who's purpose is just to analyze all the queries using explain plan. I have assigned him select any table, delete , insert on plan table privileges. What else should I add to this user's privilege sothat he can generate the explain plans for all the tables?? Thanks in advance
    -nagarjuna

Are there any user-made functions used in those queries? If so, you'll have to grant execute privilege on them to your explain plan analyst as well. You could go with EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE, but I would not recomend it - it is too powerfull privilege.

If there are any distributed queries you'll also have to deal with database links for your analyst.

Does your application reference all objects with schema name prefixes? Or at least via public synonyms? If not, you'll have to deal with sinonims for your analyst too.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

The priviliges I have given are good enough to get the explain plan. Previosly it was throwing "insufficient privilege" kind of error.. I dont even remember the error message..That's why I posted the question. Now, it's working..Thanx for answering me.
    -nagarjuna