Working on Oracle v8i with OS as Win2000/NT.
Is it possible to move the SYSTEM01.DBF,REDO LOG FILES from drive D:\
to Drive F:\ as there is insufficient space left on D:\ drive.
Thanks & Regards,
Oracle DBA (OCP) v8i,v9i
To move system01.dbf datafile:
1. Shutdown the database.
2. start up the database in mount state.
3. Move the datafile to desired location using any OS command or tool.
4. Alter database rename datafile 'd:\system01.dbf' to 'f:\system01.dbf';
5. alter database open;
To move redo logfiles:
The same method that was used for system01.dbf datafile can be used for redo log files too.
We can use the following syntex to move the redologfiles. The following works only for those redo log files whose status is not "CURRENT".
1. Move the redo log file to desired location using any OS command or tool.
2. Alter database rename file '' to '';
If the status is current, switch the logfile using following syntex
alter system switch logfile;
then we can use the steps 1 and 2.
Check for syntex.
Try it and lemme know.. It should work.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width