DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how do you know who has dblink to connect to your machine

Question

Hi,
    I am looking for name of a view or table where you find info as far as who has a dblink created on their machines to conect to your machine (database)?
    I need to find out all the other databases that has a dblink to connect to my database.
    select * from dba_db_links gives the dblink that you have created on your own machine to connect to other databases.

Thanks,
    Ramesh

I'm pretty sure a db_link is a two way street, if it shows up on one box it shows on the other. You can verify this with dba_db_links;

SQL>select * from dict where table_name like 'DBA_DB_LINKS';

TABLE_NAME COMMENTS
    ------------------------------ -----------------------------------
    DBA_DB_LINKS All database links in the database

MH

[Edited by Mr.Hanky on 09-03-2002 at 02:50 PM]
    I remember when this place was cool.

I'm not sure if there is system table which gives this information, but I'm sure other DB person can not create a DB link to your DB unless he/she is given a username/password to connect to. So if security is your concern (in case you have 'inherited' the DB from someone) change all the passswords.

Originally posted by rkonda99
    Hi,
    I am looking for name of a view or table where you find info as far as who has a dblink created on their machines to conect to your machine (database)?
    Look no further, there is no such view or table. You have no control from your database who and from which database can create and use (or has allready created) database link that connects to your database. As long as he/she has account (username, password) and a CREATE SESSION privilege on your database he can create and use database link from any other database where he/she has a CREATE DATABASE LINK privilege.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?