DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: D2k (Forms 5) in Personal Oracle 8

Hello

I have installed Personal Oracle 8(PC8) on Windows 98. Now when I install Forms 5, if I give a different directory other than that of PC8 directory, it removes all the traces of PC8.
    On the other hand, if I give the same directory, installation proceeds for some time and then stops suddenly with the orainst.exe error.

Can u please help?

Thanks.

hi,
    first load oracle8. After loading oracle8 you will see a orawin95 directory created in your path. Delete the whole directory. Just check that the directory does not gets deleted from the system i.e the directory should be in recycle bin. After that start installing forms5 on your machine. After u finish installing forms 5 on your machine restore the orawin95 directory by selecting restore. It will ask you that some files exist do u wish to overwrite. I dont remeber the exact question it asks but say "yes to all" when you start restoring. Just see if you get it through this. I think you will get it if you dont get it still mail me at akhil_chandak@yahoo.com.

bye

Thanks

Hi pras

Thanks. I'll try it out.

bye

I was able to successfully install D2k now. Thanks to u pras.
    Now, I'm unable to connect to the database from D2k. The program goes into "Not responding", with or without the connect string given.

Can u help?

Thanks.