DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Urgent help on Oracle 9i OCP (IZO-007)

hi all,

I'm a little desparate as I'm short of time on my preparations on my very first 9i OCP SQL exam. The course pre-requisite for OCP ends this month!!!

Have just purchased (very unfortunate) the couchman's book and have read through it and practised on the exams numerous times.

From the STS demo sets which I have downloaded, the questions are lengthly and difficult.

Could anyone please advise me on passing the exams other than the STS test. I'm a little short of cash at the moment, therefore I could not afford the $$$ for the STS test.

please email me at shot_guy@yahoo.com if you do have any exam test examples.

regards

steve

If you know all the stuff in the Couchman book and you are confident with the questions you should be fine. If you are struggling with the questions then you need to revise more. Just keep going through the book and you should be fine. When you've done a section in the exam guide why not go through the related stuff in the Oracle manuals at http://tahiti.oracle.com. This should give you a slightly different perspective. There's not special trick to passing. It's just revision and trying the stuff out for real against a database.

Cheers and good luck.
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

thanks tim. would be revisiting the oracle books and reading through the oracle docs.

any reference sites for oracle 9i sql materials????

I think you might failed just with Couchman unless you really dig into everything he mentioned in the book (do an extra experiment, tryout everything he said in your database). Couchman does not explain things too well in Oracle9I. Real exam is a little easier or the same standard as STS. No shortcut to pass it unless you have tons of Oracle experience, and Couchman book should serve as recall list to you. If you don't have any experience you really have to think about investing on it. At least get Sybex and STS. Be a real Oracle DBA, passing the exam doesn't means a lot if you barely new the material. It is a shame during the interview if you couldn't answer some basic SQL questions but you are holding a OCP title. It ruins the whole resume and credibilty of yours.