DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exam Retake for 9i SQL: No 30 Day Wait Time

FYI:

If you fail the Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL exam, you are not required to wait 30 days to retake it. It is ONLY for this exam. Here's the text from the Oracle Certification website:

"Candidates must wait at least 30 days before retaking any failed exam, except for exam #1Z0-007 Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL. There are no exceptions to this policy."

Interesting, huh?
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

"There are no exceptions to this policy."

Except the one in the policy! I can't imagine why they'd have a different rule for that one. Maybe it has such a big question pool they can be sure you'll see no repeated questions? I assume that's the reason for the retake restrictions in the first place, so you can't just pass with 'brute force' and a few hundred bucks.

o...here is what I think:

It is almost impossible to fail 007, it's because:

1. for those who are similar with SQL, they MUST pass (it's easy for them).
    2. for those who just want to be a paper-OCA/OCP, they can invite some SQL experts to sit beside them or simply take the exam for them (since the exam can be taken online)

haha..just kidding..

KOBE

I think it's very easy to have a BIG pool of SQL questions... if you change a line or a statement, or even the answer wanted (choose TRUE, choose FALSE, choose all that apply etc) you have a new question very similar, but still different.

That would be a trap for exam retakers, since they may think it's the same question and miss it again. For people that really understand SQL concepts and are cautious that won't be a problem.

Anyway, it's just a guess since I didn't take 1z0-007

Originally posted by adrianomp
    I think it's very easy to have a BIG pool of SQL questions... if you change a line or a statement, or even the answer wanted (choose TRUE, choose FALSE, choose all that apply etc) you have a new question very similar, but still different.

That would be a trap for exam retakers, since they may think it's the same question and miss it again. For people that really understand SQL concepts and are cautious that won't be a problem.

Anyway, it's just a guess since I didn't take 1z0-007

actually, most of the questions in 007 are similar to those in 001.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kobe

actually, most of the questions in 007 are similar to those in 001.
    except for the PL/SQL part right? i heard that they don't include PL/SQL questions in 9i path, i wonder why?
    i don't know because i took 001.

Regards.