DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My exam was re-scheduled by Prometric. Will I still be extempted from 9i OCP ILT req?

Exclamation

Greetings to anyone reading this.

I suspect that Oracle eyes & ears are monitoring these groups in some way.
    Maybe anybody announces official Oracle position for these cases?

To obtain OCP 9i certificate on old conditions, I have successfully passed 1Z0-001 and 1Z0-031 tests in August, and registered for 1Z0-032 test at Tuesday, August 27. The test was scheduled to take recent Friday, August 30, therefore complying with Oracle requirements stated on their site.

Appearing to take test at Friday August 30, I was informed that due to bank transfer delay of payment from local Prometric Test center to Prometric itself, my exam date was not approved by Prometric, and actually re-scheduled to later date, until money transfer is confirmed. There are no other test centers around, so there was no way out but to agree.

I could not get answer on question "Which candidate step Oracle treats as deadline for couseware extemption?" anywhere. Even two pages on Oracle site explain this in ambiguous manner:
    http://www.oracle.com/education/cert...eannounce.html tells about "...starting on the Oracle9i DBA Certified Professional credential exam path", while http://www.oracle.com/education/cert...e_newdate.html states "...have taken at least one exam in the Oracle 9i DBA track" (not mentionong OCP, this makes things different).
    So, can anyone closer to root sources comment this?

What steps should I take (proofs save or questions ask) to keep old conditions?
    If that's definitely not possible and Oracle official position is "let looser cry", then it is neither my fault, nor local test
    center. It's either bank delay or Prometric reception overload.
    And whom shall I sue for these extra $1500 which I have to spend in this case?

Sincerely,
    Serge K
    (anonymous only for other anonyms)

I don't see your point. Even with delay of your 1z0-032 exam, you already cleared 2 exams of 9i track (I think candidates can choose between 1z0-001 and 1z0-007), so you should be exempted of the ILT classes requirement.