DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ORA-12500 TNS: listener...

Pando, Sorry for the wrong info. My machine is running on 512 RAM. System resources also seems to look farely perfect. One more thing, when I tried to create a new service name using net8 assitent, it gave me Dr. Watson error on ORADIM.exe. is this anyway related with our problem??
    Though later on I copied the oradim.exe from some other server and replaces in my server, and the problem was solved.
    But still main problem (ORA-12500) persists.
    Shailendra, till saturday night I was working fine on that server, then sysadmin moved that server from one server room to the other, and from that point of time this problem is coming.
    "Greatest Rewards come only with Greatest Commitments!"

One more thing friends, I'm have this Oracle 8.1.6. Hope no problem with version. This is not any Oracle Bug??
    Plz clerify on this
    Thanks

Originally posted by sandycrab
    till saturday night I was working fine on that server, then sysadmin moved that server from one server room to the other, and from that point of time this problem is coming.
    You could check whether this is caused by some network routing problem also ? Are you are on the same network as the server ?? If so, one way to sort this out would be to use ip address in your network config files (tnsnames.ora, listener.ora). Ofcouse, you should be able to do a ping to your server and also tnsping.

HTH.

P.S.: You could post the full text of your errors.

[Edited by ggnanaraj on 08-12-2002 at 08:20 AM]

Check this out also ...

[quote]

Intermittent TNS-12500 Errors on Microsoft Windows NT
    ====================================
    1. Increase the amount of memory available to the system either by removing unnecessary processes or increasing the amount of physical memory.

2. Increasing the amount of swap space will also temporarily help relieve the symptoms.

3. Disable OTRACE. OTRACE is a tracing feature that can cause many problems. OTRACE is enabled by default.
    To disable OTRACE:

a. Stop the Oracle database.
    b. Go to the orant/otrace/admin directory.
    c. Delete all files with a ‘.dat’ extension.
    d. Restart the Oracle database.

4. The TNS-12500 can be a result of the 'processes' parameter in the init.ora file being too low.

[quote]

HTH

Unhappy

HI ggnanaraj,
    I'm working on the same server and able to connect internal and able to do all my normal activities. Only when I try to connect to some other user like sys, system or anyother, i face ...
    ORA-12500 TNS: listener failed to start a dedicated shared server proces.
    I have tried everything you told like processes parameter, deleteing .dat file for disabling OTRACE etc. Still same problem buddy...
    Any idea??

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT SYSADMIN HAS DONE EXACTLY

SHAILENDRA

sysadmin shutdown the machine and moved from one place to another without my knowledge. I don't know whether he shut down the oracle database properly or not. Does this make any differenc??

Originally posted by sandycrab
    sysadmin shutdown the machine and moved from one place to another without my knowledge. I don't know whether he shut down the oracle database properly or not. Does this make any differenc??
    A lot of spooky things are going down there!!!
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---