DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is the score for Oracle9I Intro to SQL reduced?

Is the Oracle 9I Intro to SQL reduced to 70% from 75% ? I remember 5 months ago it was 75% .

Yes it has changed. I have documentation that shows 75% a few months ago. It also looks as if there is no more Basic vs. Mastery section in the Fundamentals I exam...or they've bundled it all together to one passing score of 73%.

I had a conversation with Oracle recently in which they indicated that early results showed that less people were passing the 9i exams. They've probably had time to get some real statistics and now make changes accordingly.

It's not uncommon for this to happen!
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

Well, I am one of the score contributors. I failed In fact the exam is quite hard ..

Originally posted by E-Quality
    In fact the exam is quite hard ..
    Could you explain what is difficult in the 9i SQL exam? Long questions? Complicated and hard to understand questions? Tricky alternatives for answers?
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

As someone who recently failed the exam, the thing I found most hard was reading the long SQL code questions from the screen. you have 2 hours to do it and this gets quite tiring.

Originally posted by Diggers12
    As someone who recently failed the exam, the thing I found most hard was reading the long SQL code questions from the screen. you have 2 hours to do it and this gets quite tiring.
    I remember I found this the most difficult part in the PL/SQL exam (101). The short questions were answerable in 5-10 seconds, while for some long PL/SQL code questions it took me even 5 minutes.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

Another thing that makes this exam a bit more difficult than it needs to be is the fact that there are so many questions on the new 9i SQl features / ANSI SQL. I feel that many DBAs just haven't been exposed to that syntax very long...so that tends to trip them up.
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--