DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: for those seeking OCP

Originally posted by jovery
    Is it now compulsory to have a quotation thread in every posting - Yoda has a lot to answer to

Regards
    The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages, may be preserved by quotation.
    Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)
    yodaDBA@hotmail.com

Julian, you are right, but any single official professional certification test in this world could be taken without SO MUCH practical experience. About every single test is truth that: there is a difference between taking the test - and being that thing which they are certifying. But, this test HAS to cover UNIFORMLY the domain of study!, and this is the most important thing in being a real proffesional, because I saw lots of DBA's that are extremely well handling their shops, but there were lots of issues under their nose that they NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT!!!

I think that taking the OCP is a very important thing, but NOT everything. You have to learn after that, or before, somehow separately, how to BE an OCP DBA... As I already told, they are pretty different things...
    And, of course, as somebody told, do not expect this to be a magnet-o-jobs...
    ovidius over!

Originally posted by ovidius

I think that taking the OCP is a very important thing, but NOT everything. You have to learn after that, or before, somehow separately, how to BE an OCP DBA... As I already told, they are pretty different things...
    And, of course, as somebody told, do not expect this to be a magnet-o-jobs...
    "Most of our students are here to get the credentials they believe are central to admission to the Dream. Everyone does the rhetoric bit-Fascist pig this and that-but push them and they ask you to write recommendations for jobs with banks and insurance companies."
    -- John Gargin, Professor of Political Science, Kent State University, OH
    yodaDBA@hotmail.com