DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OCP 9i FUNDAMENTAL-I

Question

Dear Friends,

I am preparing for OCP 9i FUNDAMENTAL-I, and there very few days for me to study and give the exam because ORACLE announce the date for those who want to give the exam without TRAINING i.e. from ORACLE UNIVERSITY.
    So please tell me the important topics on which the questions r very hard and more.
    I want to make it clear in this month.
    I don't have ILT.
    what is A&A exams

So pl guide me .
    Thanks & regards
    Goradba

what is A&A exams
    A&A stands for Architecture and Administration. Very similar to Fundamentals I.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

try using the STS, they are very good.
    There are question on each topic in the Book, especially the new features such as different db_block_size for tablespaces, SPFILE, UNDO Management, Synamic SGA (which parameters are SYSTEM/SESSION MODIFIABLE), tablespace creation and segment space management, tablespace creation and extent management etc..

R.

Thanx for the reply,
    But i can't purchase the STS it is costly.
    So pl. try to give me another solution.Any site where i will get sufficent material for passing the exam.
    There are very few day's in my hand.......

WATING FOR YOUR REPLY AND HELP

Thanx & Warm Regards,
    goradba

hmm i guess not unless you already have tons of Oracle specific experience ..

Personally, I don't think Oracle is that easy ... it'sonly like 120K DBA has OCP title in the world.. (am I right about the figure ??????,, i thought I saw it somewhere)

You can try Boson tests.. I liked their sample much better. It explains more about what you missed. http://www.boson.com. I plan on using along with STS. It's only $39 bucks... About as much as a decent book (cheap one at that)
    Russell Johnson
    MCDBA, MCSE, Linux+

Any one pl tell me that what types of questions are there.
    On which topics and what types i mean on v$ or Scenario based etc.
    And which are the HOT topics for the exam point of view.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR FOR YOUR GUIDANCE

Thanx
    goradba

Try the exam guides from SYBEX or McGraw-Hill, they are not so expensive. You can "stick" your order to amazon with another friend that is paying the shipping costs. (Which I did... ). And you can order them USED, is really cheap. (Which I didn't, it was the anthrax time... )

I canot understand something. Is there any difference if you got the Oracle University instructor-led courses? Because I DID that, for 031,032,033! And I can tell you, the courses supports ARE NOT ENOUGH! They have some gaps, but at least the information that IS, is very precise and correct!
    So, isn't the same exams 1z0-031, 032, 033??? What's the problem with the Oracle University courses?
    ovidius over!

goradba,

You don't really believe that we're going to tell you exactly what's going to be on the exam do you? That's why Oracle publishes the Exam Checklist in the Candidate Guide...and why reputable vendors such as STS put out practice exams that are similar in nature...they allow you to know exsactly what to expect.
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

Thumbs up

THANKS A LOT EVERBODY!

I will get the book of SYBEX and let's see what happens.

If you have any material ony suggestions pl mail me on
    girishmail@rediffmail.com.

Thanks again
    goradba