DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCP 8i finally...

Nice one bharris,

I did the 9i cert a couple of weeks ago after a major break after the 8i cert. It took me a good while longer than 2 weeks but that might have had something to do with the missus and child being rather demanding. I don't know where they get their priorities

I suspect you might beat me to it on 10g so best of luck to you. This may well be my last self funded Oracle cert though. 8i was useful as a learning framework and 9i was pretty good on new features.

I've been on the 10g course and I didn't get much more out of it than RSI from clicking DB Control icons! Unless Oracle sort out the New Features courses the OCP curriculum won't improve therefore we won't learn as much as we could.

Thats just my opinion ofcourse since I only tend to do the exams as a way of having a reason to study the material.

On your comments regarding OCP benefits. It certainly has helped me. In Aus, there is a resonably high level of interest in certificated candidates which helps. I wouldn't say I earn more but I certainly got more offers.

Anyway enough rambling.

Originally posted by ngdh
    Nice one bharris,

I did the 9i cert a couple of weeks ago after a major break after the 8i cert. It took me a good while longer than 2 weeks but that might have had something to do with the missus and child being rather demanding. I don't know where they get their priorities ...

On your comments regarding OCP benefits. It certainly has helped me. In Aus, there is a resonably high level of interest in certificated candidates which helps. I wouldn't say I earn more but I certainly got more offers.

Anyway enough rambling.
    I'm pretty lucky, my girlfriend is in law school so her priorities are even more warped than mine. The two weeks I studied was pretty much a death march for me especially since my employer was giving me the time off. So I was pretty obligated to pass no matter what.

I agree with you about the courses, for me they are only an opportunity to get the material that the upgrade exam is based on. Like you studying for the test is what actually gets me familiar with the features etc.

I'll let you know how the 10g tests goes.

Re: I just Fail my OCP 1z0-033 pef. tuning

Originally posted by kbk2304
    hi, guy

i just fail my exam in performance tunning
    i dunno why i fail, but the question highlight(Wrong)

i think is correct !

Have some body have any crew for perf. tunning (1z0-033)
    to pass this exam
    ( i got 36 score / 59 score)
    but the passing mark is 38 !!

from bk
    What did you do to prepare, how much time did you put in and what materials did you use?