DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Import error

Hi Guys,

I am running through one problem here and
    I am really heaving hard time with that. I am importing database but some how import Terminating with IMP- 00009 : abnormal end of file and IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 45911 rows rolled back. I look through import log file and I found that import is terminating while importing data into PART_TEXT table
    I also try changing import parameter SHOW= Y and same result and I am sure that There is no rollback segment or storage issue.

Please could any one throw some suggestion on it.

Thanks in advance

From Oracle Documentation:

00009, 00000, "abnormal end of export file
    *Cause: The export file is probably from an aborted Export session.
    *Action: If so, retry the export and import. Otherwise, report this as an Import bug and submit the export file that caused this error to customer support.

Are you sure it was a valid export File? I would look at the log from the export.

Jodie

Hi jodie,

You are right i also reserch on metalink and i got same answer. I got export file from my client and i wanted to make sure that it is not other issue or i am not missing something. I tried all possible option but still no luck. If this error is because of corrupt export file then i would say there is no option left other then re exporting database again.

Thanks for your prompt reply