What is a application dba's basic responsibility?
The following are basic responsibilities of Application DBA:
1. Application installation/upgrade
2. Application patches, Database patches, upgrade patches, Interoperability patches etc.
3. Web Server Administration.
4. Concurrent Manager Administration/tuning.
5. System Administration. This includes creating a new Apps user, responsibility, definition of menus, forms, reports, printer installation and definitions etc.
6. Other jobs similar to Oracle DBA.
11i Applications DBA
In all you're doing, seek divine wisdom
Thanks for the reply! I am an oracle dba. If people ask me to take a application dba's responsibility, what kind of knowledge do I need to prepare?
The stuff I listed there for you. Learn Oracle Application 11 or 11i, Internet and Developer tools as well as Web Server Administration.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width