DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OMS and Database Repository

Strange but true:
    I set up few months ago OMS and database repository on testDB for backing up prodDB using a predefined backup strategy of the OEM9i. Due to various changes in business rules, the testDB was destroyed including the OMS and recreated in another server as webTSTDB. Instead of installing and reconfiguring the OMS on webTSTDB, I configured it on prodDB and set up another predefined backup strategy which is working very fine. But the predefined backup strategy I set up previously on testDB for backing up prodDB is also working very well. I set up the second repository because, the first one was destroyed and I do not know from where to recover in case anything should happen. Now that I have two predefined backup strategy on the same database. How can I stop or destroy the first backup strategy because it is consuming space. The first backup strategy does not show on the job history because the testDB was destroyed. Both strategies are also backing up in different directories.
    I will be off for vacation from the end of this week. So your early response will be highly appreciated.

C. K.
    11i Applications DBA

There should be a way to drop the old repository. Check out metalink docs/OEM(OMS) configuration docs. I will also look and reply when I find...

Try using OEM configuration asst and see that recongnise old repository...

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/...ch2.htm#436862

[Edited by sreddy on 07-30-2002 at 02:58 PM]
    Reddy,Sam

sreddy,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The EMCA recognizes only the new repository. The old repository was destroyed when testDB was recreated. But strangely enough, the backup strategy in prodDB is still working. If you have any additional info, you can send it to cekeke@0racledba.com.

C. K.
    11i Applications DBA

Backup job was posted to your Intelligent Agent on prodDB node. It remembers it locally and continue doing its job.

You can try to find this 'obsolete' job definiton in agent's configuration files and manually delete it. If you will not succeed in deleting only this job, you can always delete all and 'clean start' the agent.

I found this document very usefull in similar case (didn't try to delete just one job, though):
    http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/...T&p_id=71913.1

good luck,
    Tomaz