DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle exam pattern

Hi
    Someone told me that oracle has changed its pattern that they ask 120 question instead of 60 question and half of them are not counted in result. So you don't know which question will be included in your result or which one not. Is it true because it doesn't make sense to me and also if they are doing this then do they do it for 8i upgrade exam also.

Thanks
    UKDBA

Hi
    The number of question may vary but 120 question.... I dont think so.
    Yes there are marked and unmarked questions
    cant say whats the ratio
    hope this helps
    henry

Hi UKDBA
    i gave a test recently and their were only 65 questions. Didnt passed the exam.
    anyways the instructor told me that there are dummy questions which are basically there to test concepts.

regards
    Talha

I don't understand the concept of mark and unmark question. Unmark, does that means you get the point or you lost 1 point? Let's say you know all the questions and there 60 of them. 1 Question unmark. Do you score 60/60 or 59/60 or 59/59?

Oracle's never had the concept of questions "losing you marks".
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

Hi
    The concept of un marked questions is that they are only dummy questions and they wont be marked either you answer them or not but they are unknow to everyone.

Hi,
    I gave the 1Z0-031 test 2 weeks ago and there are 66 questions. You are graded for 60 question out of the 66, but you cant tell which ones are not graded.

R.

Oracle add some questions to the test as a trial to see if they can add those to the pool of questions of the real test down the line. They check what kind of response in terms of correct and uncorrect answers they r getting and establishes a difficulty level for them based on certain preset rules of Oracle certification program. If it meets a certain criteria Oracle adds it to the pool of questions for permanenet use in future test or drops it.