I've just secured my first job interview for the position of Junior Oracle DBA - takes place in 2 weeks time.

I became an Oracle Certified Associate (9i) a few weeks ago, and am working towards the remaining two exams for full OCP status. Whilst I have some commercial experience in SQL, I have no commercial experience as an Oracle DBA. My only experience is extensive 'playing-around' with Oracle databases on my home PC, putting into practice everything I'm learning during my studies. ie. starting up databases, shutting down databases; creating, amending, deleting objects; managing users, profiles, roles; backup and restore with RMAN and manually etc.etc. (I have also completed courses on Oracle database design etc. although it is not part of the certification.)

I am reasonably comfortable with what I have done, though am fully aware that this is not even close to REAL-life experience. I made this clear in my application and am assuming the company is aware of this.

The interview is a half-day affair involving various interviews, verbal and numerical tests, personal assessments etc.. I am quite comfortable with all these aspects and not nervous at all.

However, there is a section on testing DBA skills. I have no idea what this might involve. Perhaps they will ask me to perform a series of actions on some test database. Or perhaps it will just be theoretical. I AM a little nervous on this section, as my lack of real-world experience will be clearly visible.

Does anybody have any advice on what might be tested in this section? Hopefully, during the interview sections it will be made clear where my strngths and weaknesses lie, but I don't want to appear a complete idiot when they ask me to perform some 'simple' task that I may never have come across.

Does anyone have any similar experience of an interview and what was expected of them?

Cheers,
Don