DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ora -00600 Internal error code

Exclamation

Hello

I have a problem that don´t let me connect sometimes, i have checked the alert file and it show me an error :

ora - 00600 Internal error code , arguments
    [12333],[0],[2],[31].

Please if someone knows how i can solve this problem, help me.

NoemÃ*

Hi,

Did u check whehter block corruption is there ? chek it.Check trace file also.Bock corruption is there u wull have to solve it.If u have the support from oracle that is hte best way to solve the block corruption

Mnaoj

How can i check the block corruption ?

Originally posted by Noemi
    How can i check the block corruption ?
    tHE ORA-600 ERROR messages is a generic messages. It could be caused for any number of reasons. You should try and look at the alert logs and trace files which should be located in your home directory or you can look in the init file to find the locations of these files.

Seeing that you are unable to connect. You may want to look at the number you have your process limit set to.

To check the processes on Unix...

ps -ef|grep oracleSID|wc -l

*** Replace SID with your sid in question... ***

i.e. for sid PSERV it would be:

ps -ef|grep oraclePSRV|wc -l

alapps

Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick Two(2)

I have checked the number of process that i have limit set , it is 150 .

what else can i check ?

Originally posted by mkumarnk
    Hi,

Did u check whehter block corruption is there ? chek it.Check trace file also.Bock corruption is there u wull have to solve it.If u have the support from oracle that is hte best way to solve the block corruption

Mnaoj
    hei,
    As far as i know, 12333 is not block corruption, it is because of network unstable, right?
    www.cnoug.org

Hi,

Yes - it looks like it could be a network problem - Below is an extract from Metalink - Hope it helps point you in the right direction....

Regards
    Moff.

ORA-600[12333] is reported with three additional numeric values when a request is being received from a network packet and the request code in the packet is not recognized.
    The error may have a number of different root causes. For example, a network error may have caused bad data to be received, or the client application may have sent wrong data, or the data in the network buffer may have been overwritten. Since there are many potential causes of this
    error, it is essential to have a reproducible testcase to correctly diagnose the underlying cause. If operating system network logs are available, it is advisable to check them for evidence of network failures which may indicate network transmission problems.