1. A dB is created and does five log switches and therefore has five archived logs
2. The dB is shutdown and a cold backup is performed
3. The dB is brought back up and does three more log switches and archives three more logs.
4. The dB is shutdown and a cold backup is performed
1. how does the DBA know what archived logs from v$log_history belong to which cold backup?
2. Same question as #1 but this time using an RMAN repository?
through the file mask and format clause in rman (%s_%u...)
it is simple to know - check the sequence# column comparing to the %s format for example.
Cold backup has nothing to do with Oracle, it has to do with OS. Delete the archived logs when a full cold backup is made.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width