Is there any problem to install 220.127.116.11 on Pentium 4 machine ??? I got some problem when I try to install the software.
Please advise if you are aware of some tricks to fix the problem
P4 Problems have been addressed several thousand times in this forum. Use http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/search.php
Thanks for the response, I did search for the issue before I posted here. Could you please let me know what am I supposed to look for ???
Why don't I just come out to your place and fix it for you?
Do a search for "P4" or Pentium.
i just did this...
here is the detail..
Referencing Bug number 1507768
1. download patch number "1507768"
2. unzip and un-jar jar file
3. rename file called symcjit.dll to symcjit.dll.old on c:\
4. go to the \install of your jar file extract directory and update the 'oraparam.init' with
the following values: JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS = ' -nojit -ms16m -mx32m'
5. Invoke the OUI (18.104.22.168.0 for P4 processors) @ \cd\Disk1\Install\win32\setup.exe
6. Use OUI and select products.jar from your cd to install Oracle 817 client.
7. update sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora.
8. Reboot Machine
9. test tnsping and sqlplus connectivity
"High Salaries = Happiness = Project Success."
1. create a subdirectory on the hard drive (i.e. tempinst) and copy the contects of the CD to it.
2. Rename ALL copies of SYMCJIT.DLL to SYMCJIT.BAD (Just need to render it unusable)
3. Run install from win32 directory.
This should correct your problem...
The bug# on metalink.oracle.com is 1221872.
P.S. Sometimes the searches don't work properly...
No quite a standard but it works for me.
I used Oracle Universal installer (2.0.1) to install Oracle 817. So if you get a hand on Oracle9i installer, then use it. What u need to do just change the path of product.jar to Oracle817.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width