DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to run Database Configuration Assistant in Linux

Hybrid View

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me how to run the database Configuration Assistant in Linux, I am trying to get to the GUI but I don't know which executeable I should run to have the Database Configuration Assistant.

Thanks

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbca

DataBase Configuration Assistant

Originally posted by ashley75
    Hi all,

I don't know which executeable

Thanks
    If you know the executable name in Windows, it is same on other platforms. If its windows its .exe file and its unix platform its an executable shell script. Hope this helps in future to figure out which file to run for a specific utility...
    Reddy,Sam

Thanks Pando

that's what I thought however it's different with NT, what I am trying to get to is I already had the existing database and I want to modify it. I don't see any option for mofidy the existing database. Could you please advise????

If you know the executable name in Windows, it is same on other platforms. If its windows its .exe file and its unix platform its an executable shell script. Hope this helps in future to figure out which file to run for a specific utility...
    This is not the case always. In Windows executable names are often suffixed with versions e.g. SVRMGR23, EXP80, ORADIM73 etc.

Sanjay

Talking

Hi Sanjay

That is not entirely true...depends on the version of oracle..what you said is true for version belwo 8i only...if above 8i or 8i then the excutables names are same..

regards
    Hrishy