DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9i DBA Fundamental 1 exams

Exclamation

Hi All
    I am preparing for Oracle 9i DBA fundamental 1 exam.
    Please help me out on what exactly meant by BASIC and Master Section ? what are the books or any other meterials i could refer ?
    Thanks

I took this exam 3 weeks ago and passed. I used Sybex, STS practice exam, and Oracle ILT materials (luckily I was able to get hold of one 2 weeks prior to my exam).
    In the actual exam, you won't be able to distinguish between the basic and mastery questions. But accdg. to Oracle, Basic questions cover the fundamental concepts while the Mastery cover the same but may draw more extensively on a candidate's practice or experience.
    My suggestion for you is to buy the STS practice exam and go through all the ANSWERS for the 200 plus questions. In the exam I took, 95% of the questions were covered in STS.

Goodluck and don't get intimidated by the mastery section. I only missed 1 question in this section. If you need additional info, contact me thru my email mlualhati@yahoo.com.

Originally posted by mlualhati
    In the exam I took, 95% of the questions were covered in STS.
    The main reason for the existence of too many paper-OCPs are the STS questions which mock the real exam.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

You're right about that Julian. It still pays to have both the Oracle work experience and certification in your resume.

Originally posted by mlualhati
    You're right about that Julian. It still pays to have both the Oracle work experience and certification in your resume.
    Recently I decided to change my job. Although the market is slow, I was offered Senior DBA position by one of the biggest companies in the world. Nobody cared about my OCP and OCM titles, at least I got this impression. I had interviews with several companies, nobody asked me an Oracle question, i.e., nobody checked what I know about Oracle. Some looked at my Oracle certificates rather with curiosity and suspission than with interest. I was sent to psycological and medical tests, I was asked to tell what I see from fuzzy picture, what were my nightmares at elementary school, what is the next element in the sequence 0, 3, 8, 15, 24; I was asked if I like fishing and sports but OCP, hey what the heck is that :-)

That's life ...

Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com