DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TNS Error

Hi,

I'm facing the following error. My connection gets disconnected after some time saying the following error.

ORA-12571 : TNS packet writer failure0 error

and second try i have this message error ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE.

Could anyone throw some lights on this?

The underlying reason for the ORA-03113 and TNS-12571 errors is that the connection is being terminated prematurely. This is caused in part because of the extreme long distance between client and server.

On Windows NT:

Increase the retransmission setting on the Windows NT client by editing the registry and adding the key TcpMaxDataRetransmissions (REG_DWORD) set to 15.

SQL*Net tried to transmit the packet five times before it detected the network was down. This is a default of TCP/IP on Windows NT and Windows 95.

Possibly the last packet sent is not being received by the server. Which returns the error 54, connection reset/network is busy. SQL*Net assumes the server is down and closes the connection.

ORA-12571 : TNS packet writer failure0 error

and second try i have this message error ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE.

==If u are Trying to connect it from client machine , make sure that u have posted all the correct entries in NET 8 configuration assistant.Host name , oracle_Sid, port , protocol.

==Check whether the oracle instance is started and listener is started.

== Check the Oracle_SID which u are trying to connect.If there are many instances running on the same machine.

Eat , Drink & Enjoy life -

pravin_kini@hotmail.com