DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 9.2.0.1

Hybrid View

Does anyone in here install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on Linux 7.3 before ???

What is the minimum requirement on the memory for Oracle ???

thanks

A minimum of 512MB of RAM is required to install Oracle9i Server (for all UNIX versions). Page 2-2, Installation Guide, 9.2.0.1. Specifies Linux Intel as one of the supported systems.

Stecal,

can oracle 9.2.0.1 install on Linux 7.3 ok ??? please let me know before I ask my manager to buy memory b/c I don't want to upset him.

Please let me know.

if I remember right we have already told that RedHat 7.3 will never be supported by Oracle, why you are insisting with 7.3?

Supported Linux platform is SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 (or SLES-7) with kernel 2.4.7 and glibc 2.2.2. Oracle Corporation works with other Linux distribution vendors to certify Oracle products with their default kernel and OS utilities.

The certification matrix on MetaLink does not show Red Hat 7.3 with 9.2. However, based on the Note in the install guide, I would contact Oracle Corp to be sure.

Certify - Certification Matrix: Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition on Intel Based Server LINUX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Certifications
    OS Product Certified With Version Status Addtl. Info. Components Other Install Issue
    SuSE SLES7 9.2 (9i) N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None
    Red Hat 2.1 Advanced Server 9.2 (9i) N/A N/A Certified Yes None None None