DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide me

Hi,

I would like to appear orcale Certification Exam. Pl Guide me Which one is for begginers.
    P.C Mallik

None of the exams are for "beginners". What do you think, this is the MCSE program?
    yodaDBA@hotmail.com

W2K Server is not for beginner either, provided if you don't use self test.

pcmallik,

You may want to try DBO track. However, most of the people think it's a crap certification.

DBO track is not a bad choice. In fact, the exam is very practical as compare to Oracle9I Intro to SQL. How many DBA really perform their job as what the exam questions look like? There are buncha tools and software out there already encapsulate general usage of SQL, like joins, DML, and even adminstration stuffs in GUI format (TOAD, and OEM)

Oracle Intro to SQL is a stepping stone to higher level, and you have to know those basic things.

Originally posted by pcmallik
    Hi,

I would like to appear orcale Certification Exam. Pl Guide me Which one is for begginers.
    As adrianomp suggested, you may want to try the DBO track. Oracle certification is one (if not the most) difficult certification programme in the IT-business. It is much, much harder than for example the Microsoft certification.
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

Talking

Hi

I think i beg to differ from the previous posts you can still clear the Oracle DBA certficaton .Please install Oracle on a lInux machine and start practicing and thats the first step...and read a lot of books you will eventually clear it...

regards
    Hrishy

Originally posted by hrishy
    Hi

I think i beg to differ from the previous posts you can still clear the Oracle DBA certficaton .Please install Oracle on a lInux machine and start practicing and thats the first step...and read a lot of books you will eventually clear it...

regards
    Hrishy
    That's a very good suggestion. Anyone the DBO track will be retired in October this year.
    Oracle Certified Master

Originally posted by julian

That's a very good suggestion. Anyone the DBO track will be retired in October this year.
    [/B]
    hey Julian, what about DBA 8i? have any idea?

Regards.

hey Julian, what about DBA 8i? have any idea?
    Regards.
    Don't know. I personally think that they will not retire it before Oracle 10 comes.
    Oracle Certified Master