DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Errors during Export

Hi,

I am getting the following error while doing a full database export.

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1555 encountered
    ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 4 with name "CTXROL" too small

I do this export every day and I dont want to increase the size of all my rollback segments.

Is there a way where i can specify the rollback to be used by export.

Thanks
    Ronnie
    ronnie_yours@yahoo.com

You can if you think you can.

ORA 1555 is indicitive of rbs that are too small. You are probably using consistent=y which exaggerates this condition on an export.

Your two options are to increase the size of your RBS, or don't use consistent=Y.

Yes, I am using consistent=y and my rollback segments are initial=next=1M, minextents=10 and optimal = 20

Is it the export which generates the rollback or the transactions on the database during export which is causing this.

My knowledge tells me that its the transactions executed during the export with consistent=y which is causing this.

This also means that we cannot specify which rollback segment to use because we are not aware of which transactions are going to run.

Please confirm.

Thanks
    Ronnie
    ronnie_yours@yahoo.com

You can if you think you can.

The export is not generating any rollback. The ORA 1555 error is thrown because the export program can not get a consistent view of the data because of the transactions that are being executed after the export started.

Obviously, your rollback segments can't hold enough data for you to do this export. They need to be resized.

You can not specify an RBS for export to use (easily, anyway).
    Jeff Hunter

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it ?

VenDe ChukPeen Zuri

Someone who quotes himself as a DBA and posts simple question in forums is a big idiot to me . I donot care what others think