DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Migrate exisiting dB 9iR1 to 9iR2

I believe that the documentation guide "Oracle9i Database Migration Release 2 (9.2)" is NOT indended for a migration from 9iR1 to 9iR2.

For example when I run STARTUP MIGRATE, I get
    "SP2-0714: invalid combination of STARTUP options"

Am I correct? If so, where can I find the documentation to go from R1 to R2?
    Don't blame me, I'm from Red Sox Nation.

excerpt from Oracle9i R2 Annoncement

Oracle Corporation supports direct migration to Oracle9i Release 2 from the following releases: Oracle8 (release 8.0.6), Oracle8i Releases 1, 2 and 3 (8.1.5, 8.1.6 and 8.1.7), and Oracle9i Release 1. If you are running a different release, you must first upgrade to one of these releases before upgrading to Oracle9i Release 2. In all cases, Oracle Support recommends taking full backups of database, log and control files before undertaking a migration or upgrade. Please see the Oracle9i Release 2 Database Migration manual, as well as appropriate platform-specific documentation for a description of the various methods of migration supported between various releases.
    Reddy,Sam

I dunno why you are getting that error because I have upgraded 4 9i R1 databases in the last 2 weeks with no problems

If you want some reference look Note:159657.1 Complete upgrade checklist for manual upgrades from 8.X to Oracle9i (incl. 9.2)