11.which two statements about row migration are true? (Choose two)
a.Row migration is caused by a PCTREE value set too low. b.Row migration can be resolved using the ANALYZE command.
c.Row migration can be reduced by choosing a larger block size.
d.Row migration means that row pieces are stored in different blocks.
e.Queries that use an index to select migrated rows perform additional I/O
my answer is A & B .But i feel A & D is also right.. i am confused can somebody clarify...
(coz thru d i can detect migrated rows and then rectify them )
1.What's the difference between the dynamic perf views and data dict views?
2. What r the 3 components of the shared pool?
3. List 3 of the steps that make parsing an expensive operation?
4. You issue a query to find out the sql text of a long running query from v$sqlarea but
get an incomplete text, what must you do then to get the full text?
5. What does the command column of v$session contain?
6. Which memory structure does not use the LRU algorithem and which two do?
7. Which memory structure is used to cache the application users info in MTS
8. where are the non-MTS appl user info cached in?
9. Which 3 different methods can you use to tune the memory structures?
10.Which view will you use to query library cache for tuning?
11. The cache hit ratio relating to parse and execution are derived
from which 2 columns of the dynamic view from q10?
12. Which column will give you the source of cached code in the above asked
13. What is a parse lock?
14. You query the V$librarycahe and get a reload ratio of
0.0115, is it prudent to consider tuning as per oracle recommendation?
15. Which view must you query fro tuning the data dictionary cache?
You get the data dict hitratio as 0.85431, would it be necesary to tune further?
16. Which init parameter would you edit to compensate for
large pl/sql package that your application calls? What is it;s default value?
17. Which view will you query to determine the size of your reserve pool?
18. which view must you query to find out optimiser mode,version etc?
19. Which view must you query to monitor use of shared pool reserved area?
20. What is pinning?
21. Which pl/sql package do you need to for the above mentioned q
and which sql script must you run to create it?
22. How would you pin a package called 'TEST_PKG'?And which view must you
querey to find out if it is pinned?Which column will say that the it is pinned?
23. What happens to your pinned procedure 'TEST' id you executed
ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL?
24. Hoe is bind vartiable advantageous in code reusage, what is it's
25. Which 3 components require the use of a large pool even though
reserved size and pinning is set?
26. Which parameter must be set to true to activate the automated large pool
size allocation, what will be the minimum vaslue of it?
27. Which operation will force the dbwo to write the data directly from
the buffer cache to disk?
28. Which 3 dynamic perf view must you query for db buffer cache tuning?
29. What is recommended buffer cache hit ratio for an well tuned oltp system?
30. Which 2 views must you query to find out which sgments to cache?Which column
will you use to join thee 2 views?
31. Which other 2 views might you use to avoid the exclusion of the owner sys
in your query to determine which segments to cache? Why do you avoid sys owner
32. Which sql script will you use to create one of the 2 views in Q 31?
33. Name 4 init ora parameters to configure buffer pools?
34. What are lachtes?
35. The total number of keep and recycle pools are taken from which init.ora
36. You have 4 cpu's on your server, what is the minimum and max allowed value
of the db_block_lru_latches parameter?
37. You allocate a segment to a keep buffer pool, which view must you query to
find out where it is?
38.After Q 38 query you couldn't find the given segment in the keep pool, why?
39. Which 2 views must you query to monitor the buffer pools,
and which one of the 2 must be created, and with which script?
40. You have a small table 'tarry', the CBO uses a FTS to query this table.
Since you query this table all the time, which 3 possible operations can you
perform to make sure that the cbo does not have to re-read the info form the
41. Which 2 operations are good candistaes for bypassing the buffer cache?
42. Which view will you query to find out which objects are cached?
43. A LGWR is prompted to write the entire log buffer contents to
the disk. Name 4 events that'll force it to do so?
44. You want a checkpoint to occur everytime 0.5mb of redo is generated,
you os block size is 256bytes. Which init.ora param must you edit and with
45. Which init.ora param will you edit for time interval of the writes to
disk to be performed by lgwr, what's the recommended value?
46. Which 2 views must you query to determine why lgwr has to wait
47. Which view will you query to find out redo log buffer retry ratio?
Would a value of 0.010035 be tolerable?
48. The column 'state' in v$session_wait says 'waited unknown time',
what did you NOT do that made it write this in the column?
49. Which dynamic view will you query to find how many waits occured
since instance startup?
50. Querying above view you found the 'event' saying log file switch(checkpoint incomplete)
Which file must you query to find more details and what would be the recommended
course of action to avoid this from happening again?
51. You delete a large number of rows from a nologging table 'tarry',
how will you recover these if you have taken nobackups?
I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
--- Everything was meant to be---